Filipino Menudo With Rice
2 cups pork loin, cubed
1 cup pork liver, diced
1/2 cup potatoes, diced
1/4 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1/2 cup green and red bell peppers, diced
2 tbsp lard
1/2 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 white onions, chopped
1/2 cup red tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup tomato sauce
salt, pepper and paprika to taste
How To Cook Filipino Menudo:
1. Saute the minced garlic in lard until lightly brown.
2. Add in the chopped onions.
3. After about two minutes, add the chopped tomatoes and saute for about 3 minutes.
4. Add the pork cubes, seasonings and tomato sauce.
5. Cover tightly and simmer until the pork is half-cooked.
6. Add the diced potatoes and liver. Cook until the potatoes are done.
Note: If the mixture is drying out, add water.
7. The chickpeas should have been cooked beforehand. If you're using canned chickpeas, there's no need to further cook them. Add the chickpeas and the bell peppers to the menudo stew a few minutes before serving.
Other ingredients you can use for your Filipino Menudo Recipe
Carrots, green or yellow peas, red chili peppers. You may also balance out the colors. The tomato sauce combined with the potatoes create an orange-red stew with bits of green.