Here is the Filipino BBQ Recipe or Philippines barbecue recipe. The most typical type of Filipino barbecue is the pork bbq which is discussed and posted below.
|Pork Barbecue Filipino Style Image By restorrun.blogspot.com|
Filipino BBQ Recipe Philippines Barbecue Basic Ingredients
- 1/2 kilo of pork sliced into slightly thin strips
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 can calamansi soda (Sprite softdrinks would do as a substitute
- 1 head of garlic crushed
- 1 small onion minced
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Combine the liquid ingredients, sugar, onions and garlic and touch of salt to make your marinade.
- Add in the strips of pork. Let this marinade for a minimum of 1 hour, preferably overnight in the fridge.
- Make sure you soaked your skewers to prevent them from burning when on the grill. Skewer the meat. Set aside to let the excess marinade to drip.
- Boil the marinade until it's reduced to half. Transfer into a bowl and mix the oil. This would be a good glaze as we grill the bbq. Sesame oil makes the bbq aromatic as we grill.
- Grill the skewered meat over charcoal for a few minutes. Probably would take about 5 minutes on each side. Brush both sides with the glaze to give it some shine and color.