This is the third issue of this blog's Sinigang recipe. You may check my previous sinigang recipes called Sinigang Na Hipon and Sinigang Na Baboy.
This third sinigang recipe is a combination of beef and vegetable. This is what we called the Sinigang Na Baka or Beef Sinigang Recipe.
Sinigang Na Baka Ingredients:
1 kilo beef, cubes (for stewing)
12 pieces tamarind (sampaloc)
1 big onion, diced
6 big tomatoes, quartered
2 pieces radish, sliced
4 pieces gabi, peeled & cubed
1 bundle sitaw (stringbeans) (cut into 2″ long)
1 bundle kangkong (cut into 2″ long)
salt and patis (fish sauce) to taste
Sinigang Na Baka Cooking Procedure:
* Place the tamarind in a small pot then bring to a boil or until the tamarind is soften. Pound and strain the juices then set aside.
* In a casserole, bring beef to a boil, place in a lower heat then simmer for an hour or until the beef is tender.Take out all scum that rises to the surface.
* Add onions, tomatoes and tamarind juice.
* Add gabi then simmer for a few minutes.
* Add string beans (sitaw) and kangkong stalks.
* Add kangkong leaves then serve.
Note: You may season it with salt or fish sauce (patis) to taste. Sinigang na baka is ready to be serve.!