Milkfish or bangus is the fish most commonly used in cooking fish sinigang. Thus, this recipe is called the sinigang na bangus or milkfish sinigang recipe.
Image Via Robyn Lee Flickr Page
* 1 piece large bangus, cleaned and sliced into serving pieces
* 5 cups water
* 1 small ginger, sliced
* 2 pieces tomatoes, quartered
* 1 medium onion, sliced
* 2 medium eggplants, cut into serving pieces
* 5 pieces string beans, cut into serving pieces
* 2 cups kangkong leaves
* 1 small pack tamarind powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
1. In a casserole, bring water to a boil together with the ginger.
2. Add the bangus, tomatoes, and onion and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the tamarind powder and salt to taste.
4. Add the eggplant and string beans and simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, add the kangkong leaves, and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
You may also add or use fish sauce or patis to taste. Serve hot with rice. Enjoy eating.