Ginataang Langka (Unripe Jackfruit in Coconut Milk Cream) is one of the best dishes in Bicol. Two of its main ingredients are coconut milk and sili. Below are the ingredients and the steps on how to cook Ginataang Langka.
|Ginataang Langka Image By anneski:) Of AnneCooks.Blogspot.Com|
Ginataang Langka Recipe Ingredients
* 1/2 kilo langka meat (raw, unriped, washed and cleaned)
* 3 pieces laurel leaves
* 1 tablespoon leeks (chopped)
* 1 small red onion (diced)
* 1 cup dried fish (flaked)
* 2 cups coconut milk (1st extraction)
* 1 cup coconut milk (2nd extraction)
* Pinch of salt and pepper
Ginataang Langka Recipe Cooking Instructions
1. In a deep casserole, boil langka meat until tender.
2. In another casserole, saute onion, leeks, laurel leaves and dried fish.
3. Add in langka and pour in coconut milk (1st extraction).
4. Bring up to a boil for 5 minutes.
5. Lower heat and simmer for another 5 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. When cooked, pour in coconut cream of 2nd extraction and cook for 3minutes.
Enjoy your Ginataang Langka, best served with hot plain rice.