Some people considered ensaladang bagnet (bagnet salad) as a healthy salad; with pork rind. Actually, ensaladang bagnet is a pork crackling with tomato and seaweed salad with it. In this kind of salad, the crispy pork bellies sits on a bed of a local green salad made of lettuce, tomatoes, and shallots mixed with a calamansi-and-bagoong dressing.
|Ensaladang Bagnet Image Credit: Jotan23: F.I.S.H. - Fiesta Island Seafood Hub Blog Post|
* 300 g bagnet (pork belly crackling)
* 150 g slivered shallots
* 500 g cut into wedges tomatoes
* 1 tbsp chopped kinchay (Chinese parsley)
* 2 tbsp fresh calamansi juice
* 3 tbsp strained bagoong isda (anchovy sauce)
* 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
* 250 g seaweed
Ensaladang Bagnet Instructions:
1). Chop the crackling into bite-size chunks.
2). In a bowl, mix the shallots, tomato, parsley, anchovy sauce calamansi juice and pepper, then add the crackling and toss lightly.
3). Transfer to a salad bowl and arrange the seaweed around the sides.
Enjoy your (healthy) ensaladang bagnet.!
Note: Image may vary from the actual recipe.