Adobong Kangkong is one of the authentic Filipino dishes that I really love. It was pretty easy and basic to prepare and cook, and for sure, you will love this recipe too.
|Adobong Kangkong Image Via foodpick.me|
* 1 big bowl of kangkong (river spinach)
* 1/4 kilo of pork, cut into small pieces
* 1/4 cup of vinegar
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 5 cloves of garlic, minced
* 1 onion, diced
* 2 laurel leaves (bay leaves)
* 1 cup pork stock (broth) or bouillon pork cube dissolved in water
* Salt and pepper to taste
Adobong Kangkong Cooking Procedure:
1). Saute garlic and onions in a big pan then add the pork. Allow the pork to brown and oil for a few minutes.
2). Add a cup of pork stock (or bouillon cube dissolved in water or plain water), laurel leaves, soy sauce, some salt and bring to a boil.
3). Let simmer then add the vinegar. Do not stir for 5 minutes.
4). Add the kangkong stalks first and cook for 1 minute then add the kangkong leaves. Continue cooking until the vegetable is done.
Best serve with hot rice. Enjoy.