Chicken Inasal, by far is one of the Filipino favorites. It was considered as one of main courses in every occasions, wherein, foods will be the highlight of the event.
Below is an easy to follow chicken inasal recipe.
Chicken Inasal Recipe Ingredients:
* salt to taste
* 4 stalks lemongrass, julienned
* 1 roasting chicken, quartered.
* 1 tsp fresh coarse ground black pepper
* chili pepper flakes
* 1 lemon, juice of, extracted
* 1 lime, juice of, extracted
* 1 tsp salt
* 2 tbsp garlic, minced
* 1/4 c annatto seeds, soaked in 1/4 c water
* 1/4 c garlic butter, melted
Chicken Inasal Cooking Procedure:
1). Combine the juices of lemon and lime, divide in 2 equal parts.
2). Marinate chicken overnight in salt, lemon grass, garlic, pepper, half lime and lemon juice mixture.
3). Mix marinade with the water that has been used to soak the annato seeds and margarine.
4). Pour the mixture in a saucepan, bring to a rolling boil for 5 to 10 mins.
5). Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper flakes if desired.
6). Barbecue chicken over hot coals or grill brushing it with the prepared mixture, cook to desired result. Enjoy!