Sinigang na Bangus sa Santol Ingredients:
* 1 large size bangus (milkfish), preferably 1 kilo
* 3 pcs. medium size unripe santol (wild mangosteen)
* 1 medium size (quartered) onion
* 1 bundle kangkong (separate leaves and stalks)
* 2-3 stalks spring onion
* 3-5 pcs. siling haba (green chili)
* salt (to taste)
Sinigang na Bangus sa Santol Cooking Instruction:
1). Prepare the milkfish. Remove the scales, gills and innards of bangus. Cut or remove its fins and tails.
2). Wash fish thoroughly drain and slice diagonally keep aside. Skin each santol, lightly crisscross cut around the meat and cut into quarters.
3). Put in quartered santol and onion in a large pot.
4). Add 6-8 cups of water (at the large pot where the santol is) then bring to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until santol meat are tender.
5). Season with salt to taste.
6). Add in kangkong stalks and sliced bangus cook for 3-5 minutes. Then add kangkong leaves, spring onion and siling haba.
7). Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until bangus and vegetables are cooked.
Serve hot along with steamed rice.