Just like what the name of this recipe suggests, this dish is an authentic and vintage Filipino adobo dish. Adobong Antigo can be cooked with either pork, chicken or even a combination of both. Here is an easy to follow Adobong Antigo Recipe that you can check out if you wanted to try and have a taste of this Filipino dish.
Adobong Antigo Ingredients:
* 1 kilo chicken or pork, cut in serving sizes
* 1/4 cup vino blanco or 5 year old rum
* 4 teaspoon soy sauce
* 5 cloves garlic
* 2 tsp salt
* 1 cup vinegar
* 1 cup buko juice (coconut water)
* 1 small head garlic, crushed
Adobong Antigo Cooking Instruction:
1. Marinate the meat in vino blanco or rum, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper for a minimum of 2 hours. Drain it afterwards.
2. Fry the meat (pork, chicken or both) till golden brown.
3. Pour off excess oil and add coconut (buko) juice.
4. Simmer till tender or until adobo begins to give off oil.
5. Fry extra garlic and sprinkle on the adobo before serving.
Best served with steamed white rice.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter