This recipe is absolutely scrumptious and a dish that I’m sure will make a regular appearance on our plates in the future! Get ready for a lot of flavor for amazingly little effort. If it is a little bit salty, you can try squirting some lemon. I chopped up some tomato and sweet onion and added it to the finished dish for additional flavor. It is perfect to serve with grilled fish and rice.
- 5 cups diced eggplants, cut in 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Spread eggplant on paper toweling and sprinkle with salt. Let drain for 30 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- In a non-stick skillet, fry eggplant in oil until brown and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, simmer soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add eggplant, cover and cook over low heat for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter