Banana Lemon Loaves is extremely delicious. The lemon is responsible for adding an extra depth of flavor and taste. The notes of lemon in this loaf certainly whets your appetite and tickles your taste buds. Lemon enhances the tastes and aroma of your banana loaves, creating delicious both tastes and smells. It is also important that your banana is still fresh since this is responsible for making your loaves tasty and irresistible. The loaf, sweetened by honey or lemon and banana makes this recipe a great healthy dish idea. As a result, Banana Lemon Loaves is perfect to prepare and serve at your table!
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 6)
- 2 tbsp. grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare and grease 5 pcs. of 5-3/4 x 3-1/4 inch foil pans.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine bananas with lemon rind and juice. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat together butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and stir in banana mixture and vanilla. Add into batter the dry ingredients one-third at a time.
- Spoon batter into prepared, greased foil pans and place in the center of the oven. Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden and cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool in pans on racks for 15 minutes. And then remove banana loaf from pans and let cool completely on racks. Makes 5 small loaves, 3 slices each.
Recipe via FilipinoRecipeSite
Republished by Blog Post Promoter