- 1 big size bangus, scaled, cut into slices
- 2 medium size onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 head garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- powdered pepper
- cooking oil
- Marinate milkfish belly in a mixture of half of the soy sauce, half of the lemon juice, garlic and pepper for 15 to 30 minutes, place in the refrigerator.
- Remove the fish from the marinade and discard the remaining marinade.
- In a wok heat generous amount of oil and fry the milkfish slices in batches for 1 to 2 minutes each side.
- Expect a lot of oil splashing, cover wok with lid.
- Drain excess oil in paper towel, keep aside.
- Using the same wok discard excess oil and stir fry onions until translucent remove from wok and set aside.
- Pour about 2/3 cup of water, the remaining soy sauce and lemon juice into the wok, bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about a minute until sauce is reduced to half.
- Return the fried milkfish, add in the onions and cook for another half a minute.
- Serve with a lot of rice.
Recipe via OverseasPinoy
Republished by Blog Post Promoter