- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 10 pieces long green pepper (siling pansigang or finger peppers)
- Lumpia wrappers
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups cooking oil
- In a bowl, combine the ground chicken, garlic powder, onion powder, 1 piece egg, and bread crumbs, salt and ground black pepper. Mix well. Set aside.
- Arrange the long green pepper in the middle of the lumpia wrapper. Cover the pepper with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the ground chicken mixture. Wrap the pepper and chicken mixture. See this egg roll recipe video for guidance. However, you will only need to cover one side completely; the side with the pepper stem should be open so that part of the pepper will be visible.
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan.
- While the oil is being heated, beat an egg in a wide bowl.
- Dip the wrapped lumpia in beaten egg then roll over the Panko bread crumbs. Make sure that the lumpia is fully coated with crumbs.
- Gently place each piece of lumpia on the frying pan. Fry in low to medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until the color of the outer part turns golden brown. Note: the oil should be hot enough to fry the lumpia, but not too hot to the point of quickly browning the bread crumbs (250F is good enough).
- Otherwise, there is a possibility that the chicken will be somewhat raw.
- Transfer to a plate line with paper towels. This will absorb the oil.
- Arrange in a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Recipe via PanlasangPinoy
Republished by Blog Post Promoter