Here’s a very delicious chicken and pork humba recipe from www.myfresha-licious.com. I got to say, it’s something a bit different so you should really try this. If you love the traditional humba dish, you will surely love this one.
Pork, cut into serving sizes – 400 g.
Chicken thighs – 4 pcs
Soy Sauce – 8 tbsp
Cane Vinegar – 8 tbsp
Sprite- 2 cups
Star anise – 3 pcs
Bay leaves -4 pcs
Garlic, crushed and diced – 10 cloves
Chicken & Pork Humba Cooking Procedure:
1. Dump the pork and chicken in a pressure cooker then simmer them until the meat releases oil. Fry the meat in the oil until they turn almost brown
2. Thrown in the rest of the ingredients except for the sprite and simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Pour the sprite on the meat, cover, then cook the meat under pressure for about 15 minutes from the time the the cooker whistles.
3. Remove cover and continue simmering until all the liquids evaporated.
4. Let the chicken and pork fry in their own oil.
Instead of sugar, this recipe used Sprite. Sprite has a double purpose in the dish, one, it added sweetness and flavor, two, sodas are meat tenderizer
Recipe and image credits: Chicken Pork Humba from MyFresha-Licious.Com
Republished by Blog Post Promoter