- 1 piece banana flower bud (puso ng saging), discard outer 2-3 layers sliced thinly
- 250 grams pork belly, sliced
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1-2 pcs red chilli, sliced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- fish sauce
- 2 tbsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl add the sliced banana flower bud and salt, pour enough water to soak everything. Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Drain the sliced banana flower bud and rinse in running tap water, squeeze out all the juices then set aside.
- In a wok add oil then sauté onions, ginger and garlic.
- Add pork then brown all sides.
- Add the banana flower bud and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the 1 cup of water, 1 cup of coconut milk, vinegar and red chillies. Cover wok, bring to a boil and simmer in medium low heat for 15-20 minutes or until the liquid is thick and reduced.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper, pour the remaining coconut milk then simmer in medium heat until sauce thickens and becomes oily.
- Turn heat off then serve with steamed rice.
Recipe via AngSarap
Republished by Blog Post Promoter