Ginisang tahong (sauteed mussels) is another Filipino favorite food dish! It is a mussels soup flavored with ginger and tomatoes. Even though it is very simple and easy to prepare, ginisang tahong is both healthy and delicious. Make sure you cook this dish with the freshest mussels you can find – you won’t be disappointed.
- 1 lb. mussels (tahong)
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ginger, sliced
- 1/4 c fish sauce (patis)
- 1 c water
- cooking oil
- Saute onion, garlic, ginger and tomato in a casserole.
- Add the mussels.
- Then add the fish sauce. Mix for 1 minute.
- Add the water and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt according to taste.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter