- 2 lbs. fish (tulingan), cleaned and innards removed
- 1 medium ampalaya (bitter gourd), cored and sliced
- 1 medium Chinese eggplant, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 thumb ginger, sliced
- 5 pieces long green chili or Serrano pepper
- 1/2 cup cane or white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- Arrange the onion, fish, ginger, whole peppercorn, water, and vinegar in a cooking pot. Cover the pot and turn the heat on. Let the liquid boil.
- Once the liquid starts to boil, adjust the heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the eggplant, bitter gourd, and chili (or pepper). Cover the pot and continue to cook until the water completely evaporates.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Recipe via PanlasangPinoy