- 2 lbs. ox tripe (tripas)
- 3/4 cups crushed peanuts
- 1 bunch baby boo choy or pechay
- 8 pieces string beans, cut into 2 inch length
- 1 small banana blossom (banana flower also referred to as heart), chopped
- 1 medium Chinese eggplant, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons annatto powder, diluted in 1½ cup water
- 1 cup water (or beef broth)
- 1 tablespoon beef powder or 1 beef cube
- 4 cups water for blanching the vegetables
- ¼ cup bagoong (shrimp paste)
- 3 tablespoons glutinous rice flour diluted in ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup peanut butter (optional)
- Combine the tripe, onion, crushed peanuts, annatto water, 1cup water (or beef broth), and beef powder in a pressure cooker or cooking pot.
- Apply heat then stir to mix the ingredient. If using a pressure cooker, cover the pressure cooker and pressure-cook the tripe for 35 to 40 minutes. If using an ordinary cooking pot, you will need to simmer the tripe for 120 to 150 minutes or until tender.
- While cooking the tripe, prepare the vegetables by boiling 4 cups of water in a separate cooking pot.
- Blanch the eggplant and string beans followed by the bok choy.
- Boil the banana blossoms for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Strain and then place in a plate; set aside.
- Once the tripe is tender, add the peanut butter and glutinous rice flour (diluted).
- Stir and continue to cook until the texture of the sauce reaches the desired texture.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Arrange the blanched vegetables on the side.
- Serve with bagoong.
- Share and enjoy!
Recipe via PanlasangPinoy
Republished by Blog Post Promoter