- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 water
- 6 egg yolk
- 1 condensed milk
- 1 evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp of lemon zest or juice
- 2 Cups glutinous rice
- 1 Can condensed milk
- 4 Whole eggs
- In a saucepan, mix water and the brown sugar. Bring to boil until the sugar caramelizes.
- Pour caramel into the moulds and spread on the bottom. Let it cool.
- Separate egg yolks to white, use yolk in this recipe.
- In a bowl, mix together yolks, condensed milk and evaporated milk gently and thoroughly.
- Add the lemon juice to the custard mixture and stir gently and thoroughly, to avoid bubbles on the mixture.
- Gently fill 1/2 of the mould with the custard mixture.
- Steam for about 35-45 minutes, and let it cool.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs and condensed milk.
- Stir gently and thoroughly.
- Add the pre-boiled glutinous rice and stir to incorporate well.
- Pour the suman mixture on top of the steamed leche flan, filling up to the top of the moulds.
- Steam for about 20-25 minutes and let it cool.
Recipe via PinoyHapagKainan
Republished by Blog Post Promoter