If you love baking, this is the recipe just right for you. Ms. Sanna Velasco of Woman Scribbles once again offered us something that we can do at home. The ingredients are pretty easy to find (if you are into baking, for sure you got all of them right in front of you) and the instructions or directions are really easy to follow.
* 85 g cream cheese
* 50g butter
* 1/2 cup milk
* 2 tbsp canola oil
* 8 egg yolks
* 3/4 cup cake flour
* 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 8 egg whites
* 1 cup sugar
* 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
How To Make Mamon:
1. In a double boiler or in a heat proof bowl set over a pot of 3 inches simmering water, melt the cream cheese and butter together with the milk and oil. Whisk occasionally until mixture is smooth. Let this cool.
2. Add the egg yolks to the mixture and mix with a whisk until smooth.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder over the egg yolk mixture. Mix with a spatula until smooth.
4. Using a stand mixer or a hand held mixer, whisk the egg whites until frothy . Add in the cream of tartar and continue whisking until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar in small amounts until stiff peaks form.
5. Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture , 1/3 of the egg whites at a time. The final mixture should be uniform in color.
6.Spoon the batter into 12 large muffin molds . I used these silicon cups for your reference.
7. Arrange the cups in a rimmed baking pan and place in a 350F preheated oven. Gently pour about 3/4 cup of water into the baking pan. Be careful not to pour any water into the cups.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle a mamon comes out clean. Cool in a wire rack. Enjoy!
Image and Recipe Credits: Mamon Recipe via WomanScribbles.Net
Republished by Blog Post Promoter