Looking for a relaxing afternoon break? Well, grab a chair and come sit with me. The Mamon (or Filipino Sponge Cake) is perfect with a hot coffee. This Mamon is consider to be among the top 10 pastries in the Philippines! These mini cakes are soft, fluffy, and incredibly delicious. Because the Mamon is baked in small molds, they are great for individual servings and grabbing on the go.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour and baking powder in bowl; set aside.
- In a another large bowl, beat egg white and cream of tartar until meringue-like but not stiff.
- Gradually add sugar while beating. Then, add vanilla and vegetable oil.
- Add egg yolks one at a time and continue beating.
- Add cake flour and baking powder and continue mixing.
- Line muffin pans with paper cups and pour mixture about 2/3 full.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Finished when toothpick comes out clean.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter