Paksiw Na Pata Recipe, Ingredients And Cooking Instruction
Paksiw is a very common and popular Filipino way of cooking. Primarily, paksiw is done with fish and seafood with a sour base. The souring agent is primarily vinegar. When cooking meat, paksiw means braising the meat in a mixture of soy sauce, sugar and vinegar.
Paksiw na pata consist of pork leg with knuckles, a few sprigs of dried oregano and handful of bulaklak ng saging is added for flavor. Banana blossoms or commonly known as bulaklak ng saging doesn’t really came from the banana plant itself. They are dried lily buds.
Paksiw Na Pata Recipe Ingredients :
* 1 pork pata, chopped into 1″ slices
* 3/4 c. of strong native vinegar
* 3/4 c. of dark soy sauce
* 3/4 c. or more of tightly-packed brown sugar
* 1 whole garlic, pierced with a sharp pointed knife in several sections
* 2 whole onions, peeled
* 1 bay leaf
* 5-6 peppercorns
* a handful of bulaklak ng saging or banana blossoms
* a few sprigs of dried oregano leaves
How To Cook Paksiw Na Pata – Paksiw Na Pata Cooking Procedure
1). Wash the pork pata well and place in a casserole.
2). Pour in just enough water to cover the meat.
3). Add the rest of the ingredients. Slow cook for 11/2 to 2 hours or until very tender. The meat should literally fall off from the bones.
4). Check the liquid once in a while; add about 1/2 to 3/4 c. of water if the mixture gets too dry during cooking.
Note: Alternatively, pressure-cook for an hour. When pressure-cooking, reduce the amount of water to only about 11/2 cups.
Paksiw Na Pata Serving Suggestion:
* Chill overnight.
* Carefully separate the meat from the bones and cut into 2″ chunks.
* Discard the bones, bulaklak ng saging, oregano and bay leaf.
* Reheat the meat with the sauce; add more soy sauce, vinegar or sugar, if necessary.
* Serve hot.
Note: Image above is first seen at pinoyexchange.com forum via food game thread.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter