Pancit canton is a Filipino/Asian traditional food. Its a dish of Chinese origin that has become very much a part of Filipino cuisine, this recipe of pancit canton or lo mein is made with egg noodles, diced pork belly, carrots and green vegetables in a thick oyster-based sauce.
Pancit canton is a type of comfort food, for most of the Filipinos, and it was mostly being served at nearly all Filipino potluck parties.
Pancit Canton Recipe Ingredients:
* 12 ounces pansit canton noodles
* 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
* 4 cups chicken broth (from boiled breast)
* 1/2 pound pork, sliced in small pieces
* 1/2 pound shrimps, shelled and deveined
* 4 tablespoons cooking oil
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
* 1/2 cup Chinese sausages, sliced
* cauliflower, cut to bit size
* 2 cups snow peas (sitsaro)
* 2 cups cabbage, sliced into strips
* 1 cup celery, sliced
* 1 carrot, diced
* 1/4 cup scallions, diced
* 4 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon sesame oil
* Salt and pepper to taste
Pancit Canton Cooking Instructions:
1). In a big pan or wok, saute in oil the garlic and onions. Then add sliced pork until cooked.
2). Add 2 cups of chicken broth and add the shredded chicken, sliced Chinese sausages, shrimps, snow peas, cabbage, celery and diced carrot. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until cooked.
3). Add the remaining 2 cups of chicken broth and the pansit canton noodles. Let simmer until noodles are soft.
4). Add the scallions, sesame oil then salt and pepper to taste.
Pancit Canton is best served while its hot. Enjoy!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter