Pancit Malabon is a kind of or another variant of Pansit recipe (see Pansit Bihon and Pansit Canton). Pancit Malabon uses thicker rice noodle or bihon like spaghetti. As what the dish name implies, the original pansit Malabon originated in Malabon City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
Pansit Malabon is usually seen at important Filipino gatherings and events. This pansit recipe was almost a must have dish during those particular event.
Like the other pansit recipe, pansit Malabon also have toppings of shrimps, hard boiled eggs or pork cracklings, smoked fish flakes and chopped spring onions and kalamansi on the side.
But, most of the time, pansit Malabon gets an extra topping of seafoods like oysters and adobong pusit, salted eggs and vegetables like mung bean sprout and pechay Baguio.
Pancit Malabon Recipe Ingredients:
* 1 kilo thick bihon noodles, cooked
* 4 cake tokwa (tofu) diced
* 1/4 kilo ground pork
* 1 medium size onion, chopped
* 1/4 head garlic, chopped
* 6-8 cup shrimp juice from boiled shrimp and shells
* 1/2 cup annatto water from 1 cup annatto seeds
* 4-6 stalk kinchay, chopped
* 1/2 cup cornstarch
* 1/2 cup patis
* salt and pepper
* cooking oil
* 1/2 medium size shrimp, shelled, sliced in half
* 1/2 kilo small squid, cooked to adobo, sliced into rings
* 1 stalk small size pechay Baguio, shredded, blanched
* 2 cup mungbean sprout, blanched
* 1/2 head garlic, finely chopped, fried
* 1 bundle spring onion, chopped
* 1/4 kilo pork, boiled, sliced thinly
* 1 cup fish flakes from fried tinapa
* 1 cup pork crackling, crushed
* 4 pieces boiled egg, cut into wedges
How To Make Pancit Malabon:
1). In a large sauce pan, sauté onion and garlic. Add ground pork and stir cook for 3-5 minutes or until meat turns to golden brown,
2). Add in tofu, patis, kinchay and annatto water, stir cook for another 3-5 minutes.
3). Add in shrimp juice and let boil, simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Thicken sauce with cornstarch diluted in 1/2 cup of water, keep warm and set aside.
4). When ready to serve put cooked bihon noodles in a big heated wok, pour in sauce and stir cook for 5-8 minutes or until sauce has fully infused with the noodles, add more shrimp juice or water as necessary.
5). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Removed from wok and arrange noodles in a big platter.
6). Top with the garnishing ingredients and serve with kalamansi.
This Pancit Malabon recipe is originally posted at OverseasPinoyCooking.Blogspot.Com.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter