- 6 eggs separated
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp cake flour, sifted
- 1/3 tsp cream of tartar
- caster or superfine sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven at 375°F.
- Beat the egg whites with an electric hand mixer.
- Slowly add the sugar one tbsp at a time beating well after each addition.
- Beat the egg yolks and add them to the egg whites at a slow speed.
- Fold in the flour one tablespoon at a time.
- Pour the mixture gently into the prepared jelly roll pan, lined with wax paper.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the center of the cake is slightly springy.
- Remove from oven and let the cake cool.
- On a work surface sprinkle the wax paper evenly with caster sugar.
- Turn the pan onto the sugared wax paper, then carefully remove the tin.
- Remove the wax paper from the cake.
- Spread the margarine over the cake, sprinkle with sugar over the margarine.
- With the longest side facing you, roll up the cake away from you.
- Dust it with sugar and slice crosswise.
Recipe via PinoyCookingRecipes
Republished by Blog Post Promoter