Pork Pina Hamonado is an authentic, flavorful and tasteful Filipino recipe. This dish is usually seen at family gatherings, important Filipino occasions and other celebrations.
* 1 kilo pork pigue, sliced thinly to make 2 pieces (tapa style)
* 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
* 1-1/3 tsp. iodized salt
* 2 tsp. praque powder (for 1/8 tsp. salitre)
* 200 grams pork fat, sliced into 8 strips
* 1 medium carrot, sliced into 12 strips
* 2 whole pickles, sliced into 12 strips
* 1 can (439 grams) pineapple chunks, drained (reserve syrup)
* 1 can (35 cl) pineapple juice
Pork Pina Hamonado Cooking Procedure:
1). Combine sugar, salt and praque powder or salitre. Rub mixture on pork.
2). Spread pork and alternately arrange slices of pork fat, carrot, pickles and pineapple chunks until all ingredients are used up.
3). Roll and tie firmly with crocheting thread.
4). Combine dripping from pork, pineapple chunks syrup and pineapple juice then marinate meat
overnight. Simmer meat in marinade for 1 hour. Remove thread from meat then chill if desired for ease of cutting.
5). Continue simmering the marinade for 5 minutes or until thick and serve as sauce. Slice meat and arrange in a platter.
Note: Image may vary with the end product or result of this recipe.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter