Lechon Kawali Ingredients:
* 3/4 kilo pork pork belly (or liempo)
* 4 garlic cloves, crushed
* 2 bay leaves
* 1 teaspoon peppercorns
* water, for boiling
* oil (for deep fat frying)
Lechon Kawali Cooking Instruction:
1. Cut the pork belly into serving pieces.
2. Mix crushed garlic, peppercorn, bay leaf, salt and water in a sauce pan.
3. Boil and simmer until skin is tender, around 30 to 40 minutes.
4. Drain, cool and dry well before frying to minimize splatters.
5. Deep fry the pork belly pieces until golden brown and the blisters show on the skin. Set aside.
Crispy Dinuguan Ingredients:
* Cooked Lechon Kawali (see above)
* 1/4 kilo minced pork liver
* 2/3 cup native vinegar
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon crushed peppercorn
* 1/2 cup pork blood (refrigerate until ready to use)
* 1 1/2 cups water
* 2 teaspoon sugar
* 1 tablespoon patis
* 2 large hot peppers (siling haba not labuyo)
* salt to taste
How To Make Crispy Dinuguan:
1. Chop coagulated blood. Mince the liver and season with a little salt. Set aside separately.
2. Mix vinegar, onion, pepper, and pork blood all together in a sauce pan. Blend well and bring to a boil.
3. As soon as the mixture is boiling, add water, sugar and patis.
4. Drop in the minced liver and hot peppers to the mixture. Simmer for 5 more minutes then add the Lechon Kawali. Mix just enough to coat the Lechon Kawali pieces. Don’t overcook or the crispiness will be gone.
5. Add salt to taste but this is optional. Remember the Lechon Kawali is already salty and may make the dinuguan even saltier.
Best served with puto or plain rice.
NOTE: This Crispy Dinuguan Recipe is originally posted at Pinoy Food Blog. Big thanks and credits goes to them.
Crispy Dinuguan Image by Danielle Lingat Shared Via Flickr Under A Creative Commons License