Goto (tripe porridge) is one of the most favorite “comfort food” of many Filipinos. Goto is also one of the most popular street foods in the Philippines.
Goto is traditionally composed of either beef or egg and chicken. It is usually prepared and seasoned with patis (fish sauce), toyo (soy sauce) and calamansi juice.
Vegan Goto Ingredients:
* 2 cups of white sticky rice
* 6 cups of water
* 4-6 pcs. dried Snow Fungus (available at most Asian stores)
* 2 tbsp ginger, julienne
* 6 cloves of garlic, crushed
* 1 small white onion, chopped
* 6 tbsp. cooking oil
* 4 tbsp vegetable broth powder or 3 cups of vegetable broth (if using liquid broth, reduce the cups of water to 3 instead of 6).
* a pinch of Saffron threads
* a pinch of black pepper (or more if you want it spicy)
How To Cook Vegan Goto:
1). Soak the sticky rice in water for at least 4 hours. Rinse and transfer to a pot with water.
2). Heat the sticky rice over high heat, mixing occasionally.
3). Soak the Snow Fungus in water for about 10-15 minutes.
4). Meanwhile, saute the garlic, onion, and ginger in oil until fragrant. Turn off the heat. Set aside.
5). Keep mixing the pot until the rice is soft and the soup is thick. Lower the heat. Add more water if the soup gets too thick, then mix again, making sure the texture is consistent from top to bottom. The rice should be mushy and the soup should be viscous, not slushy.
6). Pour the garlic, ginger, and onion, including the oil they were sauteed in.
7). Add the Snow Fungus or “vegan tripe”.
8). Season with vegetable broth, pepper, and saffron threads. Mix well.
9). Simmer until boiling then turn off the heat.
10). Serve hot. Enjoy!
The above posted vegan goto recipe and image are all property of AstigVegan.com
Republished by Blog Post Promoter