- 1 small green papaya, cut into wedges
- 3 pieces medium sized dried fish (daing), fried
- 2 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup malunggay leaves
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 thumb ginger, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 pieces chili (optional)
- ½ cup water
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Saute the garlic and ginger. Add the onion. Continue to cook until the onion becomes soft.
- Add the fried dried fish (daing). Stir. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour-in the coconut milk; stir. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the papaya. Cover and cook in medium heat for 15 minutes. Add water if necessary.
- Put-in the malunggay leaves. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in the fish sauce and add the ground black pepper and chili (chili is optional). Stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy.
Recipe via PanlasangPinoy
Republished by Blog Post Promoter