If you are still looking for something unique to offer this holiday season, why not try making your own. Ube chiffon cupcakes are perfect gift for Christmas or even for family or home consumption. It can replace your traditional cakes and it can serve as a great gift for people who are into sweets.
Here’s the recipe via Woman Scribbles
Ube Chiffon Cupcake Recipe (makes 12 cupcakes)
Ube Chiffon Cupcake Ingredients:
* 4 egg yolks
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/4 cup milk
* 2 tbsp canola oil
* 2 tsp ube extract ( flavocol)
* 3/4 cup cake flour
* 1/2 tbsp baking powder
* 4 egg whites
* 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
* 1/4 cup sugar
for the buttercream:
* 3 egg whites ( or six tbsp egg whites from a carton)
* 2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
* 2 tsp ube extract
* 1/2 cup shredded coconut
How To Make Ube Chiffon Cupcake:
1. Pre-heat oven to 370 F. Line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners. Beat the eggs and 1/2 cup sugar until light yellow colored and slightly thick. Add in the ube extract, milk and oil. Continue to beat until uniform in color.
2. Combine the baking powder and flour in a bowl and fold it in the egg yolk mixture using a rubber spatula. Mix it for a few seconds using the electric mixer just to make it smooth. Do not over beat.
3.Whisk the egg whites using an electric beater and add the cream of tartar when the eggs start to foam. Gradually add in the 1/4 cup sugar. Stop when you reach stiff peaks stage. Using a rubber spatula, fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture in thirds. The batter should now be uniform in color.
4. Spoon the batter in to the cupcake liners to about 3/4 of each cup. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick tester comes out of the cake centers clean.Cool cupcakes for ten minutes.
For the butter cream:
In a heat proof glass bowl set over a pot of simmering water, whisk egg whites and sugar for about ten minutes. You have to continuously whisk until the egg whites is no longer gritty from the sugar and it is a white froth.
After about ten minutes, remove the glass bowl from the pot and whisk the egg whites using electric mixer until you reach stiff peaks. This usually takes 15 – 20 minutes. Add one stick of butter and whisk until combined. Add in the other stick of butter. Butter cream will curdle at this point but you have to keep whisking until it becomes smooth and fluffy. Add the ube extract and whisk for another two minutes.
5. Ice the cupcakes. Spoon shredded coconut on top of each cupcake.
Note/Reminders: It’s best not to refrigerate cupcakes because they tend to become dry. Instead, you can store them in air tight closed containers. Cakes are best consumed within three days.
Image and Recipe Credits: Ube Chiffon Cupcakes by Woman Scribbles
Republished by Blog Post Promoter